A recent Craigslist position requires applicants to have at least ten years' experience as -- wait for it -- a granddad.
A heartwarming post has been listed on classified advertisement site, Craigslist, looking to hire a granddad in the UK.
“Wanted: one grandfather,” read the advert and lists several job specifications and requirements that a grandfather was expected to possess.
Lest one decides to retire prematurely, the ad is actually a social experiment by website, Usvsth3m.com, which tried to see if a person could rent an elderly man for grandfatherly duties after a similar occurrence happened in Japan.
The advert continued, “A position has opened up in my family for the role of a grandfather,” and requires applicants to have “at least ten years” experience as a granddad or in a “similar” role.
Should an applicant be selected, apart from being “passionate about getting up at 6am” and “falling asleep in front of the TV,” his duties will include:
- Talking about the war and his role in it
- Providing Werther’s Originals
- Curing toothache with whisky
- Forgetting his ‘grandchild’s’ name and calling them by their siblings’ and dog’s
- Supervising gardening and potting shed work
- Offering grandfatherly advice
- Telling a bad joke
- Tea drinking and biscuit dunking
- Befriending neighbourhood cats
- The occasional Sunday dinner
The role is also said to be a paid job and requires the newly-appointed grandfather to upload photos on Facebook, but not ‘selfies’.