Can you name all of Snow White’s seven dwarves? How would you sell a magical pen? A survey of strange interview questions asked by employers has turned up some real gems.
The online jobs platform OneShift surveyed job seekers to find out the strangest questions they’d been asked in job interviews and the top 20 is an impressive list.
Candidates have been asked everything from what they would expect to see written on their gravestone to what icecream flavor they’d be.
OneShift founder and CEO Gen George said in most cases, employers used odd questions to work out whether the candidate could think quickly.
“They’re looking to get a feel for analytical thinking skills, how you respond under pressure and what your general view of the world is,” he said.
The 20 most bizarre interview questions asked by employers:
- Bring an item with you to the interview that best suits your personality.
- Imagine a pen that could do anything. How would you sell it to me?
- On a day to day basis, what number do you think of the most?
- If you could have a day on earth where you could do one thing as much as you wanted what would it be?
- If you started dating another employee, would you inform the manager about your relationship
- What would you expect to see written on your gravestone?
- Name the seven dwarves from Disney’s Snow White.
- How would you move three chairs from one end of the room to the other?
- Here’s a pen between us. How would you get the pen over to me?
- Would you wear a sombrero at the airport so company guests can identify you during pick-up?
- Are there wolves in Australia?
- If you could be a type of animal, what would you be? Why?
- You have several hundred kilos of cardboard boxes. With a group of ten people under your command, how would you delegate the tasks to move the boxes from point A to B which are one kilometer apart?
- If you were a car, which one would you be?
- If you inherited an island:
- What would you do with the island?
- Who would live with you on the island?
- What would be the top 3 rules of the island?
- What would you prefer to get out of working with people?
- A friendship
- A productive working relationship
- A new partner
- What fruit best describes you?
- What ice-cream flavor would you be?
- What TV personality best describes you?
- What’s your favorite color and why?