- HR Awards finalists revealed!
Nominations for the Australian HR Awards are now closed, and today we reveal the finalists!
- FIFO taking its toll on workers
Removed from standard work support structures, employees may not be coping well with the unique pressures of FIFO work, a recent study has found.
- Shonky psychometric tests kill potential careers
What’s the efficacy of using personality profiles and psychometric tests in recruitment? Malcolm King is not convinced of their merit - he outlines why it's time for a re-think.
- Case of missing coffee mug goes viral
Just in case any evidence was needed that employees take their coffee extremely seriously, an email outlining in fastidious detail the last known whereabouts of a worker’s favourite mug has gone viral.
- Australia’s most attractive employers revealed
In the ultimate acknowledgement of an organisation having “passionate, raving fans”, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has been voted Australia’s most attractive employer at the third annual Randstad Award.
- Rio Tinto case could have wide consequences if union wins
Resources giant Rio Tinto is currently locked in a court battle with the Construction Forestry Mining and Energy Union (CMFEU) over claims it paid higher redundancy payments to non-union members.