Freelancer, temp, contractor, free agent… Whatever label you choose, the rise of the contingent workforce is accelerating across Australia and globally.
While this shift has been well documented, less has been analysed about how line managers and human resource professionals can best manage this evolution. In this paper, we explore the benefits, challenges, solutions and ideas for navigating the rising contingent workforce.
- By 2020, it is predicted Australia’s contingent workforce will reach 25%
- An on-demand workforce can improve costs, quality and speed
- New tools and platforms existing to help manage and plan for contingent workers
- Employers will increasingly need to support different locations, languages, currencies and time-zones
- Hiring and performance review processes need to evolve to reflect short-term contracts
Complete the form below to download your copy