Office perks are good – but are you really giving your employees what they want in the workplace?
When you think about modern working environments, you might consider flexible working hours, the ability to work from home, a fridge full of soft drinks, free yoga at lunchtime, and architecturally designed workspaces. But these are all superficial incentives – what employees really want from their work life is an experience that mirrors their lives as consumers.
But how can your business implement this approach effectively? In this article, Ceridian’s Nathan Reynolds outlines best practices for building an engaging employee experience, including:
- The components of the modern employee experience
- How the customer experience informs the employee experience
- The benefits of empowering employees
- How you can leverage a positive employee experience to attract – and keep – top talent
- Adopting effective tools for a better workplace environment