HR managers will be shaking their heads in disbelief at some of the inappropriate, offensive – and not to mention illegal – inquiries.
Employment law firm Thomas Mansfield asked recent graduates to share the worst questions they’d ever been expected to answer in an interview this year – and the results are shocking.
The graduates didn’t disclose their name but shared their qualification and the offending question.
Women heard a series of sexist questions:
- “What do you think about dating someone in the office?” – BA English Literature
- “Can you wear more make-up next time?” – BSc Physics
- “Can you flirt with customers to make them stay longer?” – BA Journalism
- “Do you get PMT?” – BA Theology
- “Are you planning on having children soon?” – MSc Personnel Management (how ironic.)
- One man, with a BA in History was asked; “Is that a hickey on your neck?”
- Another, with dreadlocks and an MSc in Economics, was asked; “When was the last time you took drugs?”
“However, with employment law information so readily available online, there really is no excuse for insensitive questions or illegal practices.”