LinkedIn has unveiled the 2018 Power Profiles list, which showcases the most-viewed professionals on LinkedIn across five categories including HR, Founders & CEOs, SMBs, Social Impact, and Marketing & Advertising.
These Power Profiles have invested in building their professional brand by sharing their insights and perspectives on topics that they are passionate about.
Jayne Ward, head of performance & rewards at Australia Post, dominated the list in the HR category for the second year in a row.
Ward built her profile by spending time with an executive coach who helped her figure out what she wanted to be known for.
“That helped me think about a range of areas that I felt strongly about, such as employee motivation, the future of work, HR technology, diversity & inclusion, company perks, culture and change,” she said.
“Then I started sharing articles on those topics that really resonated with me and it was easy for me to add a point of view.”
Ward also spent a lot of time thinking about the people she wanted to network with and who she wanted to hear about her journey.
“Whether that was board members, CEOs, or HR professionals, I actually spent a lot of time reaching out and getting to know those people,” she said.
The full list of HR Power Profiles include:
1. Jayne Ward, Head of Performance & Rewards, Australia Post
2. Joel Batterham, Talent Acquisition Partner, KPMG
3. Katie-Skye McLeod, Head of HR eBay & Gumtree, eBay
4. Kashish Khanna, Technical Recruiter, Amazon Web Services
5. Nadine Dennison, HR Business Partner, BHP
6. Pooja Patel, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Telstra
7. Robert Stone, National Talent Acquisition Director APAC, McCann Worldgroup
8. Veronica Sargeant, HR Business Partner, RB
The following are tips to build your brand on LinkedIn, according to Matt Tindale, managing director, LinkedIn ANZ.
• Invest time in actively posting: Don’t just share articles, but add your thoughts and commentary to what is being discussed and liken it to your experience or brand.
• Have an authentic perspective: If you are passionate about topics that matter to you, share your perspective by publishing long form posts and keep it authentic.
• Nurture your network: Add value to your network by engaging in meaningful conversations and helping them by sharing insightful information.
Cisco CEO opens up about mental health
The power of great mentors, sponsors and sounding boards