Experts take to the stage with insights on the future of work, productivity and leadership
There’s nothing like a great motivational speech to lift your spirits – especially in a time of uncertainty in the world of work.
As management practices shift to an employee-centric mindset and grapple with the challenges of digital transformation, questions continue to arise.
How do we hire the right talent? How do we keep employees happy and engaged? How do we fix the productivity paradox?
READ MORE: Productivity paradox: Can a recognition program motivate staff?
Perhaps a paradigm shift is what we need. It’s an idea championed by leaders from HR and beyond who have hit the stage at hugely popular TED Talks.
These empowering and informative presentations aim to help people defamiliarize old problems, uncover ground-breaking research and, ultimately, approach issues from a new perspective.
READ MORE: Six ways to be a more thoughtful leader
For HR professionals looking for fresh insights about the world of work, we’ve compiled five of the most inspiring TED Talks below.
5. Why the best hire might not have the perfect resume - Regina Hartley
4. Stop trying to motivate your employees - Kerry Goyette
3. The happy secret to better work - Shawn Achor
2. Forget the pecking order at work - Margaret Heffernan
1. Why good leaders make you feel safe - Simon Sinek