- Keys to successful workforce planning – Westpac story
Workforce planning can make a significant contribution to the success of any company. HR Leader looks at how Westpac approaches the issue and details the makings of successful workforce planning programs
- Pay inconsistency costing companies thousands
Inconsistency when adhering to pay principles has a dramatic impact on corporate costs and staff retention risks, according to new research published by global HR consultancy Mercer.
- Diversity: far from female only
Workforce diversity must go farther than just hiring and promoting women, writes Angela Priestley
- How HR caused Toyota to crash
Toyota’s current predicament is a result of poorly designed practices and weak execution on the part of the human resource department, writes Dr John Sullivan
- HR salary survey reveals jobs in demand
There may be increased demand for experienced HR professionals specialising in learning and development, recruitment and talent management in 2010, a recruitment firm has suggested.
- Motivation 2010 – choosing to stay is not just about pay
Getting your employees back on side after a gruelling 2009 will be an uphill task. And revamping a weary workforce isn’t just about the money – sometimes a pat on the back yields better results. Sarah O’Carroll reports