- Strong dollar drives recruitment
Competition for skilled professionals is expected to rise with an increasing number of employees willing to jump ship for more attractive pay packets.
- High hopes for post-GFC pay rises: a challenge for HR professionals
With the GFC storm navigated on these shores, employees and jobseekers are now looking forward to a nice pay rise after months of inaction. But Australian employers aren’t quite ready to boost remuneration budgets to pre-GFC levels. Derek Berry, principal, human capital at Mercer, discusses the challenges this brings
- Taking responsibility – HR’s role in CSR
There are clear business benefits to be had through a sound corporate social responsibility program. Tom Washington reports on what makes such schemes successful and the role HR must play
- Workers set for pay rise as fight for talent begins
They say that every cloud has a silver lining, and amid concern over a national skills shortage, Australian workers could at least be looking forward to a decent pay hike.
- Employers review car benefits to manage costs
Many employers are reviewing their car benefit policies to contain costs as a result of the economic downturn and low corporate income growth.
- Westpac leads by bumping up parents’ super funds
Westpac Group’s announcement that it will pay employees’ superannuation when taking unpaid parental leave is set to force Australian employers to look twice at their own parental benefits offering.