- Final preparations for awards event of the year
The HR industry’s night of nights is only a week away.
- Recruiters ignore complexity of contractor legislation
Leading employment law experts have warned that recruitment agencies must invest more time into understanding the growing complexity of independent contractor legislation.
- Online jobs ads no longer cutting edge
While the decline of print advertisements for jobs has been well documented, industry experts have predicted the beginning of a so-called 'third wave' of recruitment, whereby 'traditional' online job advertisements are losing out in favour of social networks.
- Staff morale not an area to scrimp
As economic uncertainty continues to mount, some Australian employers are beginning to reflect on the strategies that worked, and didn’t work, during the GFC – and the word on the street is that a happy worker is a productive worker regardless of the economy.
- Is mobile technology a gimmick or viable channel for HR?
It took two years to sell a million iPods, 78 days for iPhones and 28 days for iPads. Make no mistake, the way we work, play and love, will never be the same.
- Sustaining through succession
A solid portion of Australia’s legal profession will soon retire, but are law firms ready to engage the next generation? Briana Everett reports