- New app allows you to compare salaries globally
A new ‘Salary Checker’ app has been launched which allows job seekers and employers instantly to compare salaries for a number of professions across 20 different countries.
- Youth unemployment in the spotlight
With one in five young Australians struggling to get work, a new initiative has been launched to help young people get job ready in a tough labour market where 17.7% of 15-19 year olds can’t get a job.
- Shonky psychometric tests kill potential careers
What’s the efficacy of using personality profiles and psychometric tests in recruitment? Malcolm King is not convinced of their merit - he outlines why it's time for a re-think.
- More women needed to improve economy
The Australian Human Rights Commission has today released a toolkit which has been developed to address the problem of too few women entering male-dominated industries.
- Gender quotas: Detriment to merit or a necessary evil?
The introduction of gender quotas is approached by many with trepidation. Often naysayers raise concerns that installing quotas could result in candidates being hired based on their gender, rather than merit. But that view may be seriously flawed.
- Tradition vs innovation: new leadership models sought
The majority of business and HR leaders are seeking innovative ways to develop new leaders as traditional leadership models fail to keep pace.