- Embracing mobile technology doesn’t have to be risky
The use of mobile IT devices carries significant risk for most organisations; but shutting the door on them and the potential benefits might be even riskier.
- Evolving workplace, evolving risks
What is being done to prepare Australia for this impending telework trend, and how can the risks to employers and employees alike be reduced?
- Joining the dots: Proactive workforce management
Your workforce is an asset – but do you have a strategy for your investment? Marc Havercroft investigates.
- Why strategy, not technology, will take top spot for HR investment in 2013
The year 2013 may see HR professionals turn their attention to 'strategic enablement': in other words, working out how to use technology to improve performance. Marc Havercroft believes a back to basics approach is on the cards.
- The workplace of the future is here: Shorten
The sheer acceleration of workplace trends that have been at play for the last two decades, such as higher participation rates, more women in the workforce, greater flexibility, and lifelong education and training, mean in many ways the ‘workplace of the future’ is already here.
- HR in 2012: Forum warns employers to adapt or be left behind
A panel of industry experts in Sydney yesterday warned that Australia is entering the ‘new world of work’ and as yet, the challenges are not being met by the majority of organisations.