- Business partner and trusted advisor role
- $85,000 - $110,000 + medical insurance + company bonus scheme
- Ongoing professional development, mentoring and HRINZ membership
An experienced HR advisor driven to achieve new goals or an exceptional recruiter wanting to jumpstart your HR career….
Are you looking for a team who match your energy, motivation, and dedication to your work?
Our generalist advisor role is guaranteed to challenge and stimulate your thinking, grow you as an HR professional and provide you with life experiences some people can only dream about. Bring your HR toolkit and join us today!
Based at our Macraes Operation in East Otago and also from our corporate office in Dunedin, you will be reporting to the HR Manager, working alongside four others in a generalist HR role with a business partner approach to deliver professional, proactive Human Resources advice and support. We also work closely with our HR team at our Waihi operation.
Although we are a 24/7 operation with over 550 permanent staff, the HR Advisor role is Monday to Friday and offers a competitive remuneration package including company bonus scheme, Southern Cross medical insurance for yourself and subsidised for your partner and children, professional development and a free travel service to site from Dunedin and Oamaru (with stops along the way).
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Autonomy to manage all facets of HR
- Full lifecycle recruitment
- ER and IR
- Induction and onboarding
- Advising and training our people leaders to support them in achieving their objectives and strategic goals
- Lead and assist with people and culture projects.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least three years’ generalist experience in an HR Advisor role, however you may be an exceptional recruiter with exposure to HR processes wanting to jumpstart your HR career
- A sound understanding of NZ employment law
- Experience dealing with complex issues preferably within a unionised environment
- A proven understanding of HRIS
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, and prioritising skills
- An agile and flexible approach to your work
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources is desirable.
You will be solutions focused with excellent facilitation and coaching skills, a team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and have an intermediate working knowledge of MS Office.
A full, clean and current driving licence is essential, as is confidence driving a manual vehicle. You will need to be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close 7 June 2019 – interviews commence immediately
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED