- Aussie employers 'giving up' on tackling talent shortage
A recent study showed that employers in Australia are ignoring the growing issue of the national and global skills shortage. Experts share tips on how to turn things around and address the problem before it’s too late.
- The global fake degree racket: HR warned to be vigilant
Accusations of a Pakistani company running a fake education empire highlight once again the need for HR practitioners to perform comprehensive background checks on potential employees.
- Can crowdsourcing help your company?
One company swears by crowdsourcing as a way for organisations to broaden their horizons – could the technique work for you?
- Opinion: How to find top HR talent
While it’s true there are more candidates than jobs right across the spectrum of HR roles presently, there’s always intense competition for the top candidates. But there are many steps businesses can take to ensure the cream of the crop is attracted to working with them, writes Peter Woodward.
- Three ways to detect dishonest candidates
Every HR professional knows the importance of hiring trustworthy employees – here's how to sort the honest from the deceitful.
- Australian jobseekers among most likely liars in Asia-Pacific
Background screenings have found that Australian candidates are some of the most likely in the Asia-Pacific region to be caught lying to secure a job – are your candidates lying to you?