- When travel unravels – telecommuting will be a must
When oil prices begin to rise, HR will need to be proactive and revisit the idea of telecommuting, writes David Creelman
- Timing is everything in fitness
You’ve heard all the clichés before: “You are what you eat,” “Calories in, calories out.” We all know full well that what we put in our bodies has almost everything to do with how we lose, or gain, weight.
- It’s time to take the incentive initiative
Employee incentive programs can play a big role in boosting productivity and employee engagement. HR Leader details the elements of successful incentive programs and why HR plays an important role in them
- Japan and New Zealand weakest job prospects
Employment prospects across parts of Asia improved in the fourth quarter of 2009, but remained weakest in Japan and New Zealand, according to a recent employment outlook survey by Manpower.
- Flexible skills more important than qualifications, say employers
Transferable or flexible skills are the key attributes job applicants should be demonstrating in the current economic climate, according to research by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in the UK.
- Unemployment hits 26-year high in US
The US unemployment rate surged to 9.7 percent in August, the highest since 1983.