- HR and ethics: Synonymous or oxymoron?
Gary Taylor looks at some of the practical areas of business in which HR can play an important role in safeguarding ethical practices.
- Shaking up the interview process
When you only have a short time to figure out what makes a potential employee tick, it’s time to throw out the safe, boring questions and mix things up.
- Four steps to addressing unconscious bias
Perhaps the most enduring hurdle preventing a truly diverse workplace is the persistent problem of unconscious bias. How can HR work towards overcoming this?
- Jobs to be automated: How safe is HR?
New research has predicted what jobs may become automated in the future – how safe is HR?
- Can you spot a fake reference?
HR has a trained eye for spotting questionable details on resumes – but now some candidates are turning to fake reference services and it may be time to background-check not just the candidates but the referees.
- The biggest office distraction: people
The open plan office is becoming ever more common, but it could also be responsible for a drop in productivity as interruptions become easier and unavoidable.