- More employees covered by increase in minimum wage for unfair dismissal claims
The Fair Work Commission (FWC) has increased the salary threshold for unfair dismissal claims.
- Drug-test refusal heard by FWC
Having a clear company policy over drug testing in the workplace is key, as a recent case involving an employee who refused to take one, and was subsequently sacked, shows.
- Could teleworking save your company money?
The topic of teleworking may be on the lips of every press outlet recently, but with good reason. Most Australians want to work from home, and are even willing to negotiate pay, a new study shows.
- Influence over control: The new employer branding
You might not be able to control your employer brand any more, but you can learn to influence it, experts say.
- The future of HR: What you need to know
Everyone knows that there are some key capabilities that HR professionals need to be across to be effective and successful. These capabilities include the ability to influence, manage relationships, think critically and commercially, and demonstrate resilience.
- Weighing up the costs of parental leave schemes
As the election looms ever closer, paid parental leave schemes are put under the spotlight.