- Employer confidence resurfaces but experts counsel caution
Despite increased optimism amongst Australian employers, output is declining in most business sectors and business investment is falling sharply.
- Retention in firms as easy as ABC
Employee retention in law firms comes down to three critical factors for ensuring employee engagement, according to a US study.
- Top companies struggle with gender diversity
Gender diversity at senior levels will continue to be a significant challenge for most leading companies, according to a recent study by Deloitte
- Workforce diversity: A double-edge sword?
Workforce diversity and the gap between its theory and practice is the focus of a new research project at the University of South Australia's Centre for Human Resource Management.
- Australian cities more affordable for global expats
Australian cities remain affordable destinations for overseas expatriates, increasing the appeal of Australia for multinational organisations seeking to manage and contain the costs of a mobile workforce in tighter economic conditions, Mercer's 2009 Worldwide Cost of Living survey has found.
- 'Upwards bullying' on the rise
Office gossip, withholding information, and intentionally missing deadlines are among tactics used to bully one in four Australian bosses, according to a new study.