- Love your candidates: eHarmony at work?
There are a few similarities between dating and recruiting – the overstated resume, the importance of first impressions, the exhaustion after a run of bad meetings – so could a dating site hold recruitment opportunities?
- ROI in older worker health is quantifiable: Monash University
A leading expert in labour market studies has determined that workplaces that don’t invest in the health and wellbeing of older workers are effectively shooting themselves in the foot.
- Less formal approach to bullying dilemma
A workplace bullying expert is calling upon employers and employees to take a step back from formal complaints, and to consider other options.
- Times are a changin': doing more with less
Despite a climate of constrained budgets and a continuous need to do more with less, a majority of public sector organisations do not highly prioritise innovation. How can this change?
- HR failing the long-term unemployed
With the number of long-term unemployed swelling by 80% over the past five years, one group representing non-profit job agencies is calling for a formal federal inquiry.
- Time to prioritise the happiness of your workforce
Happy employees equal happy profits, right? While HR is quick to recognise there is a direct correlation between happiness and productivity, seeing the figures in black and white is startling.