- Tighter scrutiny of web-browsing behaviour
Public service bosses have decided that federal employees need to be more closely monitored when it comes to their web browsing activities – is this a bad HR move?
- Ron Pettit: Spotlight on an Australian HR Award winner
Ron Pettit of Hatch Associates took home the title of HR Manager of the Year at last year’s Australian HR Awards. HC catches up with him to find out more about his HR Awards journey and where HR is heading.
- Drop in apprentices damaging to business
Employer groups have expressed concern about a significant drop in the number of people starting apprenticeships – a new report shows commencements of non-trade apprenticeships dropped a staggering 27% in the last quarter
- New app allows you to compare salaries globally
A new ‘Salary Checker’ app has been launched which allows job seekers and employers instantly to compare salaries for a number of professions across 20 different countries.
- Event partner announced for Australian HR Awards
The Australian HR Awards is pleased to announce world leader in workforce solutions Experis has signed on as 2013 event partner.
- Youth unemployment in the spotlight
With one in five young Australians struggling to get work, a new initiative has been launched to help young people get job ready in a tough labour market where 17.7% of 15-19 year olds can’t get a job.