- GSK worker reinstated after OHS breach
A GlaxoSmithKline worker has recently won his job back, but not lost pay, after being sacked last year for allegedly breaching the company’s safety procedures.
- Employer branding must be linked to reward
Employers should integrate employer branding with reward strategy to help position their organisation positively for the upturn, according to a new report by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) produced in association with Mercer.
- Recruitment to increase in line with employer confidence
HR professionals will be busy recruiting staff this year as Australia’s labour market continues to improve and employer confidence grows.
- HR recruitment on the rise
Human Resources was the fastest growing job sector in March indicating employers are strengthening their HR teams as the jobs market picks up.
- Fair Work Ombudsman targets retail employers
The Fair Work Ombudsman is tackling poor working conditions found in the retail sector by writing to almost 50,000 retailers to encourage greater compliance with workplace laws.
- Closing gender employment rate will boost economy
Closing the gap between male and female employment rates would have important implications for the Australian economy, according to new research by investment bank Goldman Sachs JBWere.