- Latest stats reveal ‘go away’ payments still rife
Figures released by the Fair Work Commission (FWC) back up claims that all too often employers are left with no choice but to pay ‘go-away’ money to sacked workers, rather than endure the expense of arbitration.
- Financial services to benefit from Workplace Gender Equality Act
The naming and shaming aspect of the changed Workplace Gender Equality Act will have a positive aspect on male-dominated industries, according to a leading recruiter.
- Is social media good for productivity?
Is Facebook really a big distraction in the workplace? It may not be so with the results of a recent study, showing that employees who use social media are more likely to be the most productive workers.
- National HR Summit 2013 on next week
The leading people management event in Australia returns to Luna Park Sydney next week on 10-11th April. Limited seats are still available so register today.
- Why are your poor performers poor performers?
Most people don’t show up to work to purposely do a bad job – so it’s important for managers to understand the root cause of performance issues.
- Which of your workers pass the Twitter “Fire Me” test?
It’s easy to forget the public nature of the internet – your boss doesn’t follow you on Twitter, so who cares if you tweet a message of hate, or a casual threat? A new app from Germany hopes to remind people that public messages mean anyone can see them, including bosses.