- HR resumes: the insider secrets to make you stand out
As HR professionals, we spend hours reading other people’s resumes. But writing our own can be a different story. Here are the insider tips to make your CV stand out.
- The best sectors for HR, as voted by HR professionals
There are so many options when it comes to HR roles – not for profit, resources, government and finance, to name a few. Check out what HR professionals consider to be the best.
- Are you an inadvertently “judge-dental” hirer?
The state of a job candidate’s teeth may not be at the front of your mind when you’re conducting a job interview, but those pearly – or not so pearly – whites may be subconsciously swaying your opinion.
- Five minutes with…John Quattrone, SVP of Global HR at General Motors
Having risen from a temporary night shift with his father at a production plant to one of the highest-paid HR positions on the planet, there’s little Quattrone hasn’t seen in his 40 years at GM. But how will he manage the stress of the spotlight in the midst of a storm of controversy?
- Budget 2014: Why the young, the old and the bureaucratic will be lining up for jobs
The pile of CVs on your desk may be about to grow, with measures announced in the 2014 Federal Budget to crack down on the young unemployed, encourage businesses to hire older workers and leave thousands of public servants out of jobs.
- HR best practice tips for leading organisational change
Shaun Palmer, former chief human resource officer at Xstrata Coal, shares his tips for being a change agent and leading the way on organisational change.