- Lighter side: Fancy a new job? Become a mermaid
Perhaps you’ve always fancied yourself as the Little Mermaid? Or a bridesmaid for hire? We take a look at some of the quirky jobs on the market.
- Lighter side: Is this the best send-off ever?
Most retiring CEOs might get a farewell morning tea, but one UK executive’s staff surprised him with a truly global celebration of his time at the company.
- First impressions count: The cost of a bad candidate experience
It’s not just in the dating scene where first impressions matter – new research shows that a negative job candidate experience can have a major impact on organisations, both in terms of brands and dollars.
- How to go from headhunter to headhunted
As HR professionals, we’re used to keeping an eye on the top talent we want to lure to our organisation. Here’s how to turn the tables and get noticed by headhunters.
- Five Minutes With…Maryanne Abdullah, HR manager, ANZ, Lexmark and Perceptive Software
Maryanne Abdullah, HR manager, ANZ, Lexmark and Perceptive Software, discusses the challenges of finding the right employees for roles and why she'd like to have dinner with the Queen.
- HR dilemma: Good deed vs company rules
A US restaurant worker was fired for giving away food to people he believed were homeless, in violation of company policy. Would you take the same action?