- Lighter side: Shock! Google bans silly interview questions
Google was once known for asking job candidates unusual and complicated questions, but it has done away with brain teasers in favour of behavioural interviews. Here’s a look at some of the most bizarre questions put to interviewees.
- Lighter side: Faucet company penalises staff for bathroom breaks
A US company has disciplined workers for “excessive use of the bathroom” and installed a swipe card system to monitor bathroom use.
- Lighter side: The many ways to be smart
It’s easy for HR to get wrapped up in data and numbers, but a school in the UK has a reminder that all employees are valuable.
- HR leadership: Gender equality starts in your own back yard
Australian business still has a long way to go to create gender equality and HR is in a unique position to influence this change. Colleen Harris, EGM people and culture at Federation Centres, says HR leaders should lead the charge by addressing gender equality in their own teams.
- Square peg in a round hole: Are you in the wrong job?
Do you wake up feeling energised, or dreading the work day ahead? Are you in a role where you can be yourself, or do you feel like the “ugly duckling” of the profession? Here’s how to tell if you’re in the right job.
- Five Minutes With...Michelle Cooper, people and performance manager, Peoplebank Australia
Michelle Cooper, people and performance manager, Peoplebank Australia, talks about connecting people programs to objectives and why she would like to dine with the Dalai Lama.