HRD forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The time has come for EAP 2.0

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 23 Oct 2018, 12:00 AM Agree 0
More effective support of psychological wellbeing requires a new approach to EAPs, says Paul Flanagan
  • David Smith | 08 Nov 2018, 08:27 PM Agree 0
    I agree with all the points you make in this article, we have been delivering these for many years under the EAP umbrella title. A comprehensive and customised Programme Design stage, carried out well in advance of the programme launch/re-launch can incorporate all these elements and integrate them so that they hit the ground running and don't duplicate other initiatives that may be in place but complement them. This results in increased usage, reduced management time dealing with the problems associated with poor wellness and mental health.

Again, I recognise your comments about larger providers and the service delivery challenges that come with growth, however with the right contract and strong relationship management (on both sides) it is quite feasible to have excellent programme service and delivery.

In a globalised economy, having a provider that can deliver these requirements across a wide range of geographic, cultural, economic and political boundaries will serve to harmonise the people support functions across the organisation.
Post a reply