- Discrimination claims against top-tier law firm to proceed
Claims including disability discrimination, sexual harassment and victimisation being made against Clayton Utz by a former employee will be allowed to proceed, after the NSW Administrative Appeals Tribunal (ADT) granted leave on Tuesday.
- Saving 'face'
Thinking about 'friending' your boss on Facebook? You may wish to reconsider. According to a US survey released by Robert Half, nearly half of all employers revealed they were uncomfortable being 'friended' by the staff they manage (48%) or their bosses (47%) on social networking site, Facebook.
- Facebook no nos: Part Two
1.Don’t use Facebook to criticise your boss with other workmates
- Can social networks help in a job search?
Social networking sites were hailed a great new job search tool not long after they gained popularity. Such sites started emerging on the Web only a few years ago, but have quickly grown in scope and number of users.
- Facebook No No’s: Part One
1. Don’t add new friends on Facebook when off work sickA Swiss insurance worker was fired in April after surfing Facebook while off work sick.
- Legal: Twittering towards dismissal?
How far can employers go to discipline employees for social networking posts they make in their private time? Fay Calderone provides the answers