- Saving 'face'
Thinking about 'friending' your boss on Facebook? You may wish to reconsider. According to a US survey released by Robert Half, nearly half of all employers revealed they were uncomfortable being 'friended' by the staff they manage (48%) or their bosses (47%) on social networking site, Facebook.
- Facebook no nos: Part Two
1.Don’t use Facebook to criticise your boss with other workmates
- Can social networks help in a job search?
Social networking sites were hailed a great new job search tool not long after they gained popularity. Such sites started emerging on the Web only a few years ago, but have quickly grown in scope and number of users.
- Facebook No No’s: Part One
1. Don’t add new friends on Facebook when off work sickA Swiss insurance worker was fired in April after surfing Facebook while off work sick.
- Legal: Twittering towards dismissal?
How far can employers go to discipline employees for social networking posts they make in their private time? Fay Calderone provides the answers
- A tweet too far: Employment laws challenged
Recent media reports of employers sacking workers due to posts on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter have revealed that employment laws regarding privacy and unfair dismissal are under new pressure in the internet age.