- What is an example of a solid, defensible post-employment restraint?
Post-employment restraints are critical business tools for employers, according to Kathy Srdanovic, Counsel at Ashurst
- Can you force an employee to submit to a psychiatric or medical assessment?
It’s a delicate situation, but sometimes unfortunately necessary
- When does a change in duties trigger a redundancy?
In most circumstances, an employer can legally alter and tweak a job description without triggering redundancy entitlements
- Dismissing an employee overseas
With a global workforce, understanding your legal responsibilities as an employer has never been more critical. George Cooper, partner, Melbourne and Asia at Ashurst, outlines which jurisdiction applies for employers based overseas
- Can you terminate an employee while they're on maternity leave?
The answer is – sometimes – depending on the circumstances
- Can you dismiss an employee while they’re overseas?
If you terminate an employee who is on assignment in another country, under what jurisdiction can they sue you?