- Can you legally refuse to hire a criminal?
HR professionals who choose not to employ someone because of a dark criminal past need to navigate a web of state, federal and international obligations.
- Opinion: Gamification in recruitment - it’s time to play the game
Increasingly, organisations are turning to gamification to deliver the elements of fun and competition that attract and retain the attention of their future talent. Tim Powell outlines how it might benefit your organisation.
- Major bank denies caustic culture claims
Two traders dismissed for inappropriate behaviour are suing a major Australasian lender, claiming it condoned a culture of sex, drugs and alcohol, but the bank has defended its code of conduct.
- Opinion: Does HR have a role in navigating the STEM skills gap?
What can HR do, if anything, to lessen the gap being created by the shortage in STEM skills? A tech sector expert has some ideas.
- Is this the start of the AI revolution?
A new computer program has arrived in Australia, with scientists hailing it as the beginning of the ‘cognitive era’ – and businesses are already putting it to work.
- How ANZ, Optus, Stockland and Programmed promote inclusiveness
With just 11% of Australian workers describing their managers as ‘inclusive’, some of Australia's biggest corporations are leading the way with their diversity and inclusion strategies.