- Lighter side: Teen sacked for wearing Broncos jersey in Washington workplace
Ensure you communicate your game day policies now before you run into an embarrassing situation like this.
- Australia day hangover tab $60m
If you came into work this morning greeted by a flood of emails and voice messages from employees taking a long weekend, you’re among friends – some 171,000 people will be off work today as the national absenteeism rate shoots from a normal 3.5% to 5%.
- Light-handed egress: employees steal when leaving
A survey has shown it may be wise to keep an eye on employees after an acrimonious departure – 27% of adults admit they have swiped something when leaving a job.
- Japanese companies regulate waist lines
An unusual three-day employee retreat is hosted annually by a Japanese oral hygiene product manufacturer, but not with the goal of teambuilding or boosting sales; instead, slimmer waistlines is the focus.
- HC spends 5 minutes with...
Each week we feature a profile of an HR industry professional, looking at the serious - and sometimes downright funny - world of HR.
- Job allocation: the brick method
Ever had difficulty deciding which position is best suited to a potential employee? Fear not! A new method has been devised to make your decision easy.