- Employee’s job on the line after announcing reality show winner
While a video prematurely posted on channel 9’s website announcing the winner of Celebrity Apprentice may have spoiled the hype around its finale, as far as employee stuff-ups go, this was child’s play.
- Bearded women hijack mining exec meeting
Given the low participation rate of female employees in the mining and resources sector, it was only a matter of time before matters got hairy.
- Either the carpet goes, or I go: Weirdest reasons for quitting
Employees often cite a low salary, long commute or better opportunity with another company as motivation for leaving a job, but sometimes, dogs, carpet and office odours are to blame.
- Who knew teabags and instant coffee was a ‘perk’?
We know times are tough, but it seems one state government is taking austerity measures to new heights – or new lows – the humble teabag and instant coffee is on the chopping block.
- Fired for ‘liking’ a Facebook page
After six workers in the US were given the boot for ‘liking’ a Facebook page, questions have been asked over whether an action can constitute free speech.
- Welcome message to employees panned by Apple haters
The old PC vs Mac debate revved up again this week after an Instagram user posted a welcome message that is said to greet new employees at Apple – the web forums were divided so you decide: is this message inspiring, or lame?