- Keep yourself nice this Xmas
Tie askew, ladders in stockings, smeared makeup… the Christmas party can be the best networking opportunity of the year, or it can be a messy, messy downfall. Here’s how to stay classy this Xmas.
- Fake HR person to weed out bad hires
Manners matter but sometimes a person is already hired before HR realises they lack etiquette. So how can HR avoid this? Employ a ‘fake HR’, according to one CEO.
- Awkward office Christmas gifts
Christmas time can become a gift-giving nightmare when it comes to the office, but maybe some lessons can be learnt from these employees’ experiences.
- They don't call it the silly season for nothin'
Depending on who you're talking to, the end of year period can be considered a wild flurry of last-minute activity, or a productivity slow down. And as the saying goes, an idle mind is the devil's workshop.
- Job ad says position is ‘the worst’; sounds good anyway
A media and events company is looking for a hire, and making no pretence about the stresses of the job.
- That time already? Holiday party planning trauma
Is it time to start Xmas party planning already? Let’s hope you don’t have the same experience as the apocryphal HR director in this tale of eggnog and woe.