- Social sourcing: Dive into new talent pools
Using social media with a marketing approach may be HR’s key to attracting new talent to the organisation.
- Going in blind: The way forward for interviews?
Two law firms have started conducting CV-blind interviews, where all the interviewers know about the candidates is their names. Could this approach help stamp out unconscious bias?
- Dealing with workplace trauma
A law firm has instituted a vicarious trauma program to help employees who are affected by dealing with traumatised clients and traumatic cases – can you apply a similar program in your workplace?
- Opinion: Designing conflict into your organisation
Don’t seek to deal with workplace bullying by getting rid of conflict, instead develop the capability of your organisation to have healthy conflict, writes Danielle Carney, principal consultant of PEEL HR Consulting & Mediation.
- Pay and display: Would you make salaries company-wide knowledge?
A US company lets employees look up each other’s salaries and bonuses in the interest of transparency. Should Australian companies be doing the same thing?
- Five tips for acing a HR job interview
As HR professionals, conducting job interviews is our bread and butter. But being on the other side of the interview requires different skills and not everyone gets it right. HC looks at how to avoid the pitfalls.