- High profile fake CV cases show importance of reference checking
A bad hire can have disastrous consequences for a company’s reputation and finances, and high quality reference checks are as important as ever.
- Changes to the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program
Recent reforms to the Australian Apprenticeships system have been introduced in order to provide more consistency across states, address specific industry skills needs and encourage increased completion rates of apprentices and trainees. Linda Nall outlines the changes.
- Injecting a little maturity to boost your bottom line
The 45-54 age bracket is the fastest growing labour market segment in Australia today, yet employers are still reluctant to actively recruit from this talent pool. Heidi Holmes asks what's going on.
- Four nuggets of social recruiting knowledge
At some point, every company needs to consider the recruitment process. How they achieve a connection with the right applicant goes beyond traditional methods to being known to each individual network organically.
- Australian CEO’s flee the top job
The length of tenure of newly appointed Australian CEO’s is far below the international average and a worrying trend for HR directors to grapple with.
- Can you trust LinkedIn profiles?
Despite having become one of the most popular online platforms for professional networking – a whopping 83% of Aussie employers don’t trust the info people provide on their profiles.