- Five key points that could make or break your business trip
In our global economy, it’s become more common for employees to travel overseas for business. Business travel by its very nature tends to be urgent and short term, which means that important pre-departure considerations can easily be overlooked. Entry into some countries requires an appropriate visa and in some circumstances certain types of visas have become more difficult to obtain. At the same time, immigration authorities are increasingly scrutinising the use of business visas.
- More than money needed to lure regional workers
Moving workers to regions with lots of job vacancies is an important part of the labour market. So what does it take to get candidates to move for work? The answer may surprise you.
- 457s making talent development a headache
Simon Haag of Fragomen Worldwide and Alec Bashinsky of Deloitte explain how multinationals struggle to move their talent globally because of 457 restrictions.
- So what happens when the HR director is the office bully?
A lawsuit – that’s what Deloitte is discovering after allegedly failing to keep a rogue talent director in check
- Study forecasts 'unprecedented mobility' for female employees
HR departments are being urged to develop gender-specific career development plans following the results of a survey of business women
- Pitch for the pay rise you deserve
Are HR professionals so busy looking after other people’s pay that they don’t look after their own? HC reveals how to ask for the raise you deserve