- Simple vision
Cool and simple is the people strategy for one of the world’s largest eyewear companies, Luxottica. Sarah O’Carroll speaks to CEO, Chris Beer and general manager, human resources, Rhonda Brighton about how they are keeping their eyes on the future
- Top companies struggle with gender diversity
Gender diversity at senior levels will continue to be a significant challenge for most leading companies, according to a recent study by Deloitte
- How can you really measure employee engagement? (Or are people just happy to have a job at the moment?)
Have employee engagement levels falsely risen due to the economic downturn? Sarah O’Carroll asks this issue’s panel about to measure true engagement
- My brilliant career – Umberto Giancristofaro, general manager human resources, Compass Group
My current role is ... general manager, human resources, Compass Group.
- “Double whammy” to strike when recession ends
Companies should carefully consider the face that people will soon again be a scare resource before hastily cutting their work force, a European HR study has warned.
- Indefinite freezes placed on new hires
Almost two thirds of HR managers have put hiring freezes in place as a key measure for managing through the economic downturn, recent research has found