- Instep: Take a walk in their shoes
Craig Mason examines how HR professionals can boost their levels of business acumen
- Westpac human resources chief to retire
Westpac group executive for people, Ilana Atlas, has announced she will retire from the bank in December 2009. Atlas joined Westpac in 2000 as group secretary and general counsel and was appointed group executive, people & performance in 2003.
- Female HR professionals close gender pay gap
Although the gender pay gap has narrowed slightly across the board compared with last year, with the most significant improvement being in HR, there still remains a long way to go with the gap remaining widest at high levels.
- Subprime Leadership – The real cause of the GFC?
The failings of leadership have been cited as a cause of the global financial crisis. Sarah O’Carroll speaks to Harvard Professor Bill George and other leaders in the industry about what went wrong – and how it can be fixed
- Facebook No No’s: Part One
1. Don’t add new friends on Facebook when off work sickA Swiss insurance worker was fired in April after surfing Facebook while off work sick.
- People profit … and how to measure it
A company’s employees are typically its largest expense, but often the least measurable when it comes to productivity and profit. Craig Donaldson looks at how HR can help a company measure what an employee is really worth