- Inside ICC Sydney’s massive recruitment drive
The brand new International Convention Centre Sydney is investing $250,000 in a world-class staff development program for its operational workforce, and has announced an education partnership with TAFE NSW – Sydney Institute. In addition to its L&D initiatives, ICC Sydney is preparing to launch a significant recruitment drive. Mathew Paine, director of human resources at ICC Sydney, tells HCTV how the organisation plans to fill the 1,500 casual and 300 full-time roles ahead of the December opening.
- The age of the never-ending performance review
While performance reviews may be on the way out in a lot of firms, getting rid of them might not be all good news for HR
- HR in the hot seat: Mathew Paine, director of HR at Sydney International Convention Centre
Mathew Paine talks about building HR from a clean slate, CSI investigations at work and the beauty of Sydney
- Japan may end $10k cap on women’s incentive to work
Japan may axe a longstanding spousal tax deduction that encourages many married women to limit paid work
- Is the Australian HR profession a “pink ghetto”?
Are women overrepresented compared to men in the Australian HR industry? We spoke to the experts to find out
- Census 'hack' puts HR on alert for staff personal info
With the current furore surrounding ABS and the census, what can HR learn from the outage and possible hack?