- Opinion: What is ‘social capital’ worth to your business?
In a competitive marketplace, organisations often seek more from staff, but walk a fine line attracting the best talent for the right price. When digital and social skills are highly sought after, should organisations pay for the privilege? Roger Christie explores the concept of employee ‘social capital’
- Opinion: An innovative HR Assess tool for organisations
Introducing The HR Space, a boutique business established to work with the HR profession to identify and develop skills
- Opinion: What is the role of social in the war for talent?
For years HR and corporate affairs teams have fought to keep employee social media activities under wraps. In the ongoing war for talent, what would be gained if they stopped? Roger Christie investigates
- Opinion: Helping your workforce shape up and show up
Looking to gain a competitive advantage over your competition? Perhaps it's time to consider investing in the health & wellbeing of your employees, writes Paul Taylor
- Opinion - Why Ford’s new CEO needs to be a connected leader
The new CEO of Ford, James P Hackett, demonstrates many of the characteristics and traits of a connected leader, writes Professor Marianne Roux
- Recognition in the flow of work
Instead of being a one-off or occasional manager-led task, Jeremy Salter, employee engagement lead at Grass Roots, recommends that recognition be woven into the everyday flow of work