- Bad boss worse than bad pay?
Two thirds of workers say a better boss would improve their jobs more than better pay.
- Debunking employment myths: Commitment, productivity and the white collar contractor
Do independent professionals lack commitment and engagement? And how about productivity - are they less productive than their full-time counterparts? Matthew Franceschini busts some popular myths.
- Pressure to do more with less taking over
HR leaders are under increasing pressure to boost productivity by getting more out of staff – but with finite time and resources, is this a case of the emperor without his clothes?
- Educate to retain and reward
Do you need to be a major player to offer further education to your employees? Siona Singletary doesn't believe so. Here's what her company, EI Group, has done.
- Staff morale not an area to scrimp
As economic uncertainty continues to mount, some Australian employers are beginning to reflect on the strategies that worked, and didn’t work, during the GFC – and the word on the street is that a happy worker is a productive worker regardless of the economy.
- A new kind of workplace promiscuity
In the mining, resources and construction sectors, companies need to be wary of the roving eye of their employees, new research has revealed.