- Online dating and recruitment have a lot in common
You wouldn’t marry someone you had only met online, would you? According to one expert recruiter, hiring someone you have only met online is fraught with risk.
- Do you really need to hire a social media expert?
There’s debate over the value of one staff member focused entirely on social media, but if it’s key to your marketing and customer service, it might be time to invest in an expert.
- How much are your people worth?
A new report has indicated a disconnect between current market salaries and what organisations are actually offering. A whopping one third of Aussie employers are getting it wrong.
- Access to wage subsidy a helping hand
Your organisation may be eligible for a new government wage subsidy of approximately $5,700 for each job placement.
- Wacky resumes: destined for the bin?
Giant cookies, bottles of champagne, all delivered with a singing telegram – how far is too far? Do wacky resumes have a one-way ticket to the nearest landfill?
- The boomerang effect: Should you rehire?
Welcoming back former employees can be a smart move, and may be the answer to filling managerial positions during the tightening of the skills shortage, but only under the right circumstances.