- Stop searching for the purple squirrel
The hiring formula dictates that HR and hiring managers attempt to find the perfect candidate to fill a vacant role. But according to one HR pro, you’ve got it all wrong.
- Should HR be more frank about lay-offs?
At the beginning of most relationships – business or personal – you don't show all your cards at once. But is it time for HR to be more upfront?
- Have you been blindsided by charisma?
Charisma is the vital ‘somethin somethin’ that is as vital to leadership – but there are big-payoffs to resisting the charms of your biggest talent.
- Refreshing application letter shakes up Wall Street
Not a day goes by when bored corporates don’t share an amusing or inflated cover letter – now a simple, to-the-point email has made international headlines for its refreshing and honest simplicity.
- A quarter of candidates don’t want the role
One in four Australian employees admit to applying for a job with no intention of taking the role, a leading provider of talent assessment solutions has found.
- Female graduate pay gap doubles
New figures show the pay gap between Australian female university graduates and their male counterparts more than doubled last year.