- Revisiting your recruitment process
The success of your recruitment process will depend on the amount of time and energy you invest in it. Genevieve George suggests it's time for a refresh.
- Job prospects poor for Indigenous Australians
The Abbott Government is taking action to help ensure unemployed Indigenous people are able to obtain jobs.
- Mental health issues: Gen Y “more accepting” than older generations
With mental health week kicking off on Monday, research has indicated Gen Y are more accepting than other generations.
- Measuring your social recruitment
Through direct posts, tweets, likes and shares, social media has become a powerful tool to get the word out about job openings. A new website seeks to inform organisations of just how well they are plugged in to social recruiting.
- Shaking up the interview process
When you only have a short time to figure out what makes a potential employee tick, it’s time to throw out the safe, boring questions and mix things up.
- Can you spot a fake reference?
HR has a trained eye for spotting questionable details on resumes – but now some candidates are turning to fake reference services and it may be time to background-check not just the candidates but the referees.