- WA dismisses uranium mine fears
Western Australian Minister for the Department of Mines and Petroleum (DMP), Norman Moore, has dismissed fears that open access to an old uranium mine was a health risk.
- Construction slips cost Vic dearly
As it gears up for its construction site safety blitz, WorkSafe Victoria has warned the civil construction industry to watch for causes of slips and falls.
- SA mine safety review begun
SafeWork SA has kicked off a public consultation process as part of an initiative to improve safety regulations in mines.
- Garrett faces heat over insulation program
Concerns over the Federal Government's Home Insulation Program reached fever pitch this week.
- NSW eyes restaurant safety
WorkCover NSW has announced a new industry partnership with Restaurant and Catering NSW in an effort to reduce injuries that occur at that state's 2,500 restaurants.
- Safety-wear maker neglects own staff safety
A Victorian maker of fireproof clothing has been fined $135,000 after two of its workers suffered chemical burns.