- Out with the rearview mirror; time to forecast the future
The new era of talent analytics will be predictive rather than prescriptive, and will be used for national and international benchmarking of HR practices, leading HR professionals have told Human Capital.
- Sexualised banter: if it’s unwanted, it’s harassment
This potentially grey and dangerous area should be black, white and safe if you’ve got your workplace policies and communication right.
- Five fast facts for providing constructive feedback
It’s something most managers and HR professionals struggle with: providing meaningful and constructive feedback Shaun McCarthy provides his top tips.
- Get into social media or limit your career potential
While inappropriate online activity has been the undoing of countless professionals out there, many more have actually enhanced their careers by careful and strategic use of social media.
- Don’t risk a PR disaster: Communicate clear policies
The well-known annual fundraising event for the Leukemia foundation, World’s Greatest Shave, is an important and worthy cause, but as a Melbourne business found this week, not clearly communicating with staff has sparked a barrage of damaging PR.
- Improve retention by defining success upfront
Employers must upgrade one-dimensional job descriptions and supplement them with detailed competency requirements and a framework for how to succeed in a designated role and function, a workforce solutions leader has said.