- HR email blunder sacks all 1,300 staff
It’s the stuff of HR nightmares – for one HR manager, hitting send on a termination email spelt the beginning of a glitch which saw 1,300 staff at a global insurer receive their notice.
- Time to lift the lid on employee salaries
It’s an unwritten rule in the corporate world – HR doesn’t disclose the salaries of staff. However, why is it all a big secret – would mayhem really ensue if salaries were completely transparent?
- HR is a team sport: Priorities in 2012 revealed
Growth, cloud, social, mobile and analytics are among this year’s top HR trends, a new report has revealed.
- Clearing the ‘deadwood’: Voluntary vs forced redundancy
The controversy that engulfed Toyota this week begs the question – when redundancies are a business necessity, don’t organisations have the right to layoff the worst performers?
- Define your approach to managing absenteeism
Essential reading for any HR professional or employer suspecting employees are simply using their sick leave for leisurely days off.
- Smarter leadership and management thinking
Employers and HR professionals need to recognise, use and understand how emotions can impact behaviour and performance.