- Sustaining through succession
A solid portion of Australia’s legal profession will soon retire, but are law firms ready to engage the next generation? Briana Everett reports
- Seven steps to managing mature talent
HR must be alert to the dangers of mature workers retiring and taking years of knowledge and experience with them, says Alison Monroe, director at SageCo
- Talent intelligence: Know your people. Grow your business
Employers must ask their staff the right questions in order to bridge the talent intelligence gap, says Lynne Salmon, senior marketing manager at Taleo
- Post-GFC talent management: Back to the future or in with the new?
The GFC has left a lasting impact on talent management programs, says Peter Wood, principal, human capital at Mercer
- Taking responsibility – HR’s role in CSR
There are clear business benefits to be had through a sound corporate social responsibility program. Tom Washington reports on what makes such schemes successful and the role HR must play
- The under-appreciated value of recognition
“Recognition is deceptively complex and difficult,” says Leigh Branham, author of Re-Engage. “Many managers simply don’t know how to do it.” This view may come as a surprise; a word of praise from a manager seems the simplest thing in the world.