- So many sick days, so little work being done
Conservative estimates say Aussie workers will take one million sick days this Christmas/New Year season – how do you combat the problem?
- Shrinking end of year send-offs a communication issue
If your end of year offering ain’t what it used to be, it hasn’t gone unnoticed. Budgets may be tighter and the orders are coming from the top – but it pays to fill staff in on the reasons why.
- Have FIFO workers been forgotten?
New survey findings show FIFO workers do not feel like valued employees, despite the sacrifices of a challenging lifestyle.
- Frontline Intelligence: HR Consulting - Paying for performance
As Andrew Brock writes, by having the right culture and context, rewarding desired outcomes can be a very powerful motivator, both from a financial, and importantly, a recognition perspective.
- Coping with Generation Y workers
While Generation Y workers are often stereotyped as self-involved technophiles with no attention span and poor people skills, they’re also not going anywhere. How can managers, and businesses, adapt to the next generation of workers?
- Are you ready to kick bad work habits for 2013?
If breaking some bad work habits is topping your list of resolutions for the New Year, you’re among friends. But do you know the best way to go about doing it once and for all?